Search This Blog

Friday, November 29, 2013

Saint Jen of the Neck

Jen -- ya’ll know Jen.

She’s my travel buddy, my usual mate in off-courseness, my partner in battles against our own treacherous bodies, my ally in people watching and art viewing (sometimes done all at the same time)

She’s Neurosis Girl  to my Paranoia Woman. The Kick Ass Kid to my Loquacious Broad-ness.

We are the Empresses of Glorious Fun Survival.

Jen is there for me and The Amazing Bob when we’re in hospital. She was there this past long, scary Monday.

Knowing that we’d be at Mass General all day, I’d packed a shoulder bag with iPad, book (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan -- Love it!), sketch/writing journal and purse. Yeah, it was a heavy mothafucker -- I should’ve poured it all into a backpack but my brain was sort of all short circuit-y from worrying about TAB.

What’s our wonderful Jen do? She becomes Sherpa Girl! Tenzing Norgay’s got nothing on Jen McMurrer. She's rocked the sherpa role before but, with this bag, she went well above and beyond the call of friendship.

Also too -- she ALWAYS knows just the right thing to do and/or say or...ahem...not say.

Saintliness -- runs in the McMurrer clan apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment