Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Wonderful

Each day, a woman I know, a Facebook friend, has an ‘I’m thankful for’ post. It’s not, ever, in any way trite, maudlin or greeting card-esque. In fact, her posts are, often as not, amusing or they at least bring a smile.

Me?

I'm thankful for art in unexpected places. Street art!

Great vegetarian meals. The Green Elephant Vegetarian Bistro in Portland, Maine is a tremendous little joint. We had the spicy peanut curry, soy nuggets with chili sauce and a half bottle of Proseco at lunch one day and it was fabulous²!

Humor in unexpected places/at surprise moments. Swear to Bast, when we first passed this sign (at right), I thought it said Monster of the Precious Blood and, naturally, thought ‘AWESOME, must get a shot of that!’ Em....no.

This smoking sign below? Totally makes me want to check out the pub/restaurant next time I’m in Portland.

I'm thankful for clean sheets and warm beds.


Apparently ‘clean’ is a new perk according to the posters in the elevators at the Hampton Inn in Greenfield, Massachusetts. That’s where Jen and I stayed on the last night of our Vermont holiday.


There were no cigarette burns in their sheets so...um...truth in advertising, at least. Still, hilarious marketing FAIL!

I'm grateful for my new-ish job, my awesome boss Paula and her husband Larry who can fix ANYTHING. My poor broken trike with that small but crucial shattered weld? FIXED! Jen told me that the welders up on Sea Street are good but it’d take a minimum of three weeks since they mostly work on big jobs, like bridges and trucks. My little trike would not be a priority. Larry? Fixed it in a day.

I totally love these people.

And today, I am profoundly thankful that my baby sweetie, the most wonderfulest and beautifulest, smartest girl in the world lives so much closer now and we can have weekend get aways and girls night outs (Brattleboro and the Metropolis Wine Bar this winter!).
Mister Louis Armstrong -- What a Wonderful World

No comments:

Post a Comment