Search This Blog

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Be Kind, Dammit!

The Winter of Our Squabbley Discontent
How in tall bloody hell do we, as a species, expect to survive if we can’t even play nice within our own tribes, hmmmm?

I’ve been witnessing some extraordinary crap behavior on the webs and it just mystifies me. I don’t mean the troglodytes who pop up in the comments sections of my fave lefty blogs either.

I expect toads like that (not to diss toads, mind you. Lovely beasties, they are). The ‘right’ wing of American politics is built on the elementary school bully model. You know, push the kid who’s shy or different in some way into the dirt, mock him/her cruelly and get all your scared and/or nasty ass pals to join in. Then the victim’s lunch bag is thrown in the trash and nasty stories are spread about her/him.

Yeah, I fully expect this sort of behavior from the party whose tag line is ‘I’ve got mine, screw you.’

What I don’t expect is that sort of childish, horses ass bullshit from my left wing allies. We’re supposed to be the team, the party that truly groks kindness, inclusion, tolerance, supportiveness, intelligence, dignity and all that happy stuff.
Gaston is NOT amused

Yeah très naive of me, I know.

Here’s what I want to know -- can’t we manage to disagree on a given topic without pulling out the grade school taunts? Really now. Also too, it’s pretty damned sad when a  55 year old rocks the mega jejune act.

I know, I know, being mature/taking the high road/acting like an evolved being doesn’t offer that sweet, gooey, delicious instant gratification BUT, in the long run, it’s the smart bet. Not only are you being a better person for eschewing the low, cheap, ‘nad shots, you’re also NOT acting like a total asswipe. Asswipe-ishness is a sure fire way to lose buds as well as a shit ton of respect.

Seriously, rockin' the Tea Party shtick is just nae pretty!

I dunno what the argument was/is between these two acquaintances of mine and I’m pretty certain that I don’t need/want to know. I’ve got my own hod of strife to deal with, thenkew very much. I want them to fix their shit, kiss and make up though.

Détente -- get some!

If you don't have any regrets then you're probably a shithead.
-- Sherman Alexie

and

Can't we all just get along?
-- Rodney King

No comments:

Post a Comment