Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Tralfamadorian Timeslip

Like Billy Pilgrim I’ve come unstuck in time.

OK, nothing so exciting and fabuloso. Still and all and more and more, I find that I’m unsure of which day we’re on, what part of the month we’re in.

Warum?

I don’t have the same old sign posts.
  • My work schedule is mega fluid. Now that I often work from home, there are days when I begin at 5AM. Today I'll clock in at noon. I often don't put in time on Mondays but find myself in Illustrator and InDesign on a good many Sunday afternoons.
  • Bills now come and must be paid throughout the month, not just on the first. Financial fear (can I pay everything or no) is dispersed, freefloating — no longer confined to the last five days of the cycle.
  • This past winter featured 60° days in January followed closely by 10°ones. April sported 70° days followed by 40° spins around the sun.
No wonder I’m derailed!

Last night I found myself looking at my days of the week pill organizer (NOT the same as days of the week panties, thenkyew veddy much) in an attempt to get all reoriented. And I did.

Today’s Thursday.

You're welcome.
Queen Coco has no use for your clock and calendar fripperies. They're gauche and interfere with her beauty naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment