|Timid Warrior Boy|
While groggily stumbling through the morning rituals:
- turn on the outdoor light so that Rocco knows it's time for brekkie
- pick up Coco and cuddle her bigly as I dish out her first Fancy Feast of the day
- fix Rocco's plate while she's chowing down
- step onto the porch to cosset and feed R and whoever else might be about
- clean the litter box
- put on a pot of caffeine, caffeine, caffeine
Zzzzip and he was inside, freaked out and ready to head back out again but the screen door had already shut.
Coco was, and I expect still is, unhappy (she doesn't share well) but she's calmed down. Our man, after hiding in The Amazing Bob's study for a bit, came downstairs and took one of the window seats on the stairway landing. Coco took the other.
I've dispensed copious treats, pats and Good Boy/Girl encomiums.
Right now we've got ourselves some ducky detente. We'll see how long that lasts and/or Rocco stays en la casa.