Search This Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Morning Creature Report

Oni’s brother pointed this fellow out to me yesterday in the late afternoon. Yes, that ’s our old pal Rocky the raccoon up there. I know, it’s hard to tell but, honest to Bast, that’s our boy! Who knew? Raccoons like to rack out high up in the trees?


In visitor cat news—I haven’t seen Gaston in awhile. Too long. I’m a bit concerned. He's gone AWOL before so I imagine he'll be back. After all, where else can he get three squares and cot?

I’m assuming that Ghost Cat is continuing to come around each morning but, well, he’s a phantom. It’s nearly impossible to tell whether he’s been here or no. The food I set out is usually gone by mid morning BUT that could easily be Rocky. It can’t be a coincidence that he’s found a crib in the sky RIGHT OVER Bob and Donna’s Famous Valhalla CafĂ©.

The morning snarfer population also includes a contingent of grackles and sparrows. They’re not a friendly lot, not like our raccoons. Generally they just eat, poop and jet. We are most def not thrilled about all the bird shit but waddyagonnado. They don't care for the litter boxes. I imagine it cramps their free spirits. *sigh*
“If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.”
~James Herriot, All Creatures Great and Small

No comments:

Post a Comment