Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2015

Dead Weasels and Magnificent Bums

Dessicated Zombie Mermaid's BFF
Day of the Deadheads
Little known fact: Screeching Weasel was, maybe still is, Jen's fav band. In honor of her Big Southern Cali Vaca, I give you the Weasel's tune, California Sucks. Aren't I a sweet, generous and giving soul? Possibly just a jealous one.

California Sucks (lyrics snippet here, more at the link)
California sucks it's worse than old New York
Filled with scum + wealthy worms + stupid surfing dorks
Hot tubs and Jacuzzi's and swaying green palm trees
Rockstars, assholes, sleazy broads + smog that makes you sneeze

California sucks!

Jen, if you're reading this, the band's not only still raging, they're playing in Boston (with the Queers!!!) on July 26th. I do believe we NEED to catch this show. Don't you?

OK and now that we're in full on punk mode, I used to LOVE this Dead Kennedys tune:

California Über Alles (lyrics snippet here, more at the linky)
I am Governor Jerry Brown
My aura smiles
And never frowns
Soon I will be president...

Carter Power will soon go away
I will be Fuhrer one day
I will command all of you
Your kids will meditate in school
Your kids will meditate in school!

California Über Alles
California Über Alles
Über Alles California
Über Alles California

Zen fascists will control you
100% natural
You will jog for the master race
And always wear the happy face
AND, while I'm being all musical and California Dreamy-like, how's 'bout we have some Supertramp and Breakfast in America (full lyrics here)?
Glowing aliens on bikes

Take a look at my girlfriend
She's the only one I got
Not much of a girlfriend
Never seem to get a lot

Take a jumbo across the water
Like to see America
See the girls in California
I'm hoping it's going to come true
But there's not a lot I can do

Could we have kippers for breakfast
Mummy dear, Mummy dear
They got to have 'em in Texas
Cos everyone's a millionaire


Yes, yezzzz—my internal DJ's playlist is a bit jouncy this morning. OK, hells, it's like this every morning. I just try to go with it—surf it, as it were.

All pics, by the by, were taken by Jen.

No comments:

Post a Comment