Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Northward Bound

Later this morning I’ll head up to Portland, Maine to meet my Helen. This is our 2015 Just Us Weekend.

We went to Brattleboro and Hoosick Falls (before the Brown family moved there) in 2012.
Coco wants to come too!
After the Brown's moved to Hoosick Falls (from Texas) Helen and I visited Portland, Maine. The primary mission, apart from Just Us, happy, chilled out, girl time, was to hit the Bean outlet in Freeport to get the wee girls, Madison and Juiliana, kitted out for their first northern winter. They’ve since outgrown those first snow pants and boots— it’s time to hit the outlet once again.

From Bean Central we’ll head up the Maine coast to Boothbay Harbor for a visit with my cousin/Helen's Uncle Gary and his fabola wife Dawn. This is, amazingly, Helen’s first time meeting them. She met Gary's sister/her Aunt Della (AND her cousin Maya!) for the very first time this past spring, when they were visiting from Berlin.

Mega coolio!

There will also be visits to the always interesting Portland Museum of Art, the Maine Potter's Market, Longfellow Books and a few of the area's wonderful art galleries.

I’ll be away from The Amazing Bob and our Tuxes for two and a half WHOLE days! Yes, this means I need to pack 60 hours of fussing, nagging, cosseting and spoiling into the next few hours.

‘scuze me, gotta go annoy my housemates now.

No comments:

Post a Comment