Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Caturday on the Road

Landed last night at, around, 9:45 and, mondo boy howdy, was I ever exhausted!

Our boy HATES to have his pic stolen. Can ya tell?
This could have, in addition to the fuss of travel, the crampedness of flight and the two hour time difference, something to do with my Y time on Friday morning. I managed to swim 14 or 15 (lost count) laps! That’s a new peak for me. I’ve been doing ten at a time which, by the by, always left me exhausted. Why up the level if ten was tiring me out? I was on a roll. At the end of each lap I thought Oh, just one more. I could’ve kept going too but a little voice (it was The Amazing Bob actually) told me Don’t forget, you’ve got to walk back to the locker room after this.

Yeah…walking. Too bad I can’t swim everywhere. Possibly, in another life, I was a mermaid.

In any case, Jenny, John and I are about to head down to Bisbee. It’s a four-ish hour drive. Wow! I’m a New Englander – in four hours, I could be in NYC or Bar Harbor, Maine or, traffic gods willing, even Montreal!

Distance – it’s a relative thing.

Jen’s minding my wee herd of cat while I’m, gone. She’s making headway with my fearful boy Rocco too. He doesn’t hide when she comes in anymore. This is HUGE! How long before he invites her to pat him, to skritch behind his battered ears?

Coco's doing just fine. She's a big fan of Jen's, probably enjoys the change in cat cossetting and doesn't m,iss me AT ALL. *sniff*

Side note, it's a weird thing to see Christmas lights on cactus. Is this the desert version of Christmas tree-age? And yes, pics of this funny, cool, odd sight are coming.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me.
T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

No comments:

Post a Comment