Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2016

Hurdlings

In most of my recent dreams, I’m either living in (but about to move out of) or working in (and about to transfer out of) radically decrepit, falling down buildings. These suckers are totally condemned and I need to get out before tumbling beams and rotted floors do me in.

J&O's Xmas lights. Yes, those are skeletons.
As I exit though, I notice that all these neighborhoods are on the verge of upscale rejuvenation.

Huh.

I imagine this is something about my dire emotional state right now. Ya know, the mondo sad I’m carrying. My monstro berefitudedness over the love of my life, my soulmate, my handsome wonderful man being all dead and shit. I guess I’m the building that’s falling apart.

K. What’s up with the imminent urban regeneration action though? Eh, you know me, I am, at heart, Annie, Mary-fucking-Poppins and Maria. (OK, except about Trump – in that regard, I think we’re pretty fucking doomed.) BUT the point here is that, in my dreams, like Tony in West Side Story,  I can sense that:
We Three Valhallans
    Could it be? Yes, it could.
    Something's coming, something good,
    If I can wait!
    Something's coming, I don't know what it is,
    But it is
    Gonna be great!
For someone who, back in my hearing days, generally despised musicals, seems like an awful lot of them come to mind. Hmmph.

Here’s the thing, I survived my first Christmas without The Amazing Bob. Yeah, the morning was touch and go BUT Jen and Oni were awesome+. Yes, yes, yezzzz, it did help that they blitzed me with goodies. Jen made the most fabuloso breakfast burritos. Mine had Brussels sprouts AND guac! Oni made some amazing coffee concoction WITH whipped cream! And then there were the prezzies. YES, what you see at right is an Imperial Storm Trooper done in the style of Van Gogh. Gee, perfect much?! They also gave me The Princess Diarist, Carrie Fisher’s journals, kept while shooting Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope. (for those of you not hip to the newish naming, that’s the first flick which came out in ’77). I’ve been crazy mad to get this but knew I’d have to wait for paperback. NO MORE!

Oh sure, sure, there were other very cool gifts (what a haul and DAY-um, I’m a lucky woman) but these two spoke to my stone, inner geek.

And Joe came over for the afternoon. We watched Becket and Run Lola Run (both TREMENDOUS!), ate Szechuan asparagus, veggie tempura, blueberry pie and ice cream. Great flicks, fantastico food, excellent company. It was a good day.

Now I just need to survive January 10th (his birthday. TAB would've been 75) and the 27th – our anniversary. I can do this.
Taken January 10th, on TAB's very last birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment