Search This Blog

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Xmas and the New Fōn

The new fōn. Don't look like much, do it?
Got my new, fancy iPhone yesterday. It was my Xmas prezzie to me and, BIG bonus, it was free! I’ve never had one of these suckers before. The MOST Amazing Bob and I just couldn’t/didn't want to make room in the budget for it. Two lines meant we had to roll with cheap ass, no Internet connection cells. That was totes fine – I had an iPad for 'netting on the road and TAB only used his mobile for, ya know, talking OR texting with me.

I now get to valiently attempt sorting out how this sucker works. Mebbe I’ll leave that onerous chore to Julianna and Madison, my grands. They’ve grown up on smartphones and will be here Monday. OR I can read the damn manual and do it for myself. I could – honest and true!

I figure I can now get rid of the iPad – just have the iPhone and finally take advantage of all the groovy apps like Waze and Ava. You know, so's I can find where I'm going AND understand what the hell's being said once I arrive.

Turns out I won’t be spending this day alone, waiting for TAB to reappear like the Ghost of Christmas past. Jen, Oni and I will have brekkie together at 8AM before they hit the road. My pal Joe will be over later to join me for the traditional Chinese food lunchy with movies. YEA!

I’m happy as all fucking hell that I get to stay home (JUST in case TAB does appear. HEY, it could happen...right? Right!?) but have company (besides Coco and Rocco) too.
David Johansen as the
ghost of Christmas past in Scrooged

I get that I should have a new tradition. Maybe my new thing will be to do something different each year. Next year I could hit the wondrously peaceful Silica Hotel lagoon – float the day away. Bliss out. The following year, I could crash Helen and famiglia's celebration up in Hoosick Falls. I could throw a big party or spend the day with Jen's big family, I could book myself into the Conusg B&B in Portree on the Isle of Skye – spend my holiday exploring the Black Cuillen and the Quiraing. AND, if I felt like it, I could stay home with the herd, order in Chinese food and watch Scrooged. I'm an adult now, I can do whatever the fuck I want. Dammit!

So this is Christmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
– John Lennon 

And remember, it’s not officially Christmas until Hans Gruber falls off the Nakatomi Tower!

No comments:

Post a Comment