Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Zombie Mammoths and Other Random Effluvia

Soonly making a return engagement to planet earth will be….DUN, DUN, DUUUUUUUUUN….the woolly mammoth!
Speaking ahead of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) annual meeting in Boston this week, the scientist leading the “de-extinction” effort said the Harvard team is just two years away from creating a hybrid embryo, in which mammoth traits would be programmed into an Asian elephant.
Holy Ghost Brigades, Batman!
The creature, sometimes referred to as a “mammophant”, would be partly elephant, but with features such as small ears, subcutaneous fat, long shaggy hair and cold-adapted blood. The mammoth genes for these traits are spliced into the elephant DNA using the powerful gene-editing tool, Crispr. (source)
I only mention it but doesn’t “mammophant” put humongous boobies in mind? They usually travel in pairs, by the by.

Also too, how 'bout bringing back the dodo? Coco and Rocco might like a fresh face in the house, ya know?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This whole Trump/Putin/Russian thing…. I only mention it but on and off, every couple months, for the last year or so I’ve been getting a shit-ton of blog visitors from, yes, Russia. The heavy traffic lasts for a couple weeks and then vanishes, appearing again in 30-60 days-ish.

What’s this all about? At first I thought Oh, these are spammers looking for comments sections where they can poop out their links to hot Siberian sluts, replica Bulgari watches and aMAZing Mongolian investment opportunities sites. I NEVER got any spam links in my comment box though. Huh. My next thought was that, somehow, an English as a Second Language class was using my site as an example, possibly, of how NOT to speak the language.

In light of Putin’s manipulations and 45's fibs? I'm really curious.

HEY! KGB, if you’re reading, I don’t know dick about shit AND I’ve got negative amounts of sway with our government.
Just FYI and all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once again, my cats have fleas  which means, naturally, that I have fleas.
*GROAN* How the hell can this happen in the middle of winter!

I’ve dosed them both with the expensive, prescription flea-be-gone med, washed all the bedding (mine and theirs) and sprayed Off everywhere. I think I'll hit the pet store later for flea specific death spray.

This better pass QUICK!

No comments:

Post a Comment