I hang out with Buffy when I’m struggling the hardest. Buffy comforts me. I don’t even have to really watch because I’ve seen the episodes more times than is reasonable. I mean, I don’t think it gets into “super weird” territory, but at least a little weird.Yes, same here. Why? it’s, for those of you who’ve been living under a rock for the past 20 years, a show about a young woman and her out-of-the-mainstream pals overcoming assholian fellow students, despotic authoritarian principals and town mayors and, of course, vampires and other assorted demonic entities.
Watching Buffy calms my brain.
An aside: is Mayor Wilkins the good daddy, non-pussy grabby version of Trump? Will the Con Man in Chief morph into a giant evil, humanity crushing lizard just like the mayor? Inquiring minds here and shit.Watching a young woman and her chums triumph over evil gives me the teensiest shred of hope. Maybe we can too. I know that all I want to do today is pop in Buffy DVDs, pull Coco onto my lap and escape reality and responsibility.
I’ve been home from my beautiful, wonderful food and art mecca for a whole week now and my cold is finally starting to let up. Yea but this means it’s time for me to get my big ol' butt in gear.
|After – will 45 look like this soon?|
* I’ll start in on my taxes. *sigh*
* Laundry will get done. *groan*
* Groceries will be bought and prescriptions refilled.
* I’ll check into the local Resist group – what’s up for this week? I know the One Million LGBTQ in Action rally is this Saturday and the March For Science is coming up in April. There are letter and postcard writing nights in the offing too.
|Bad Willow was always my fave.|
Ya know, all I honestly want to do is watch Buffy, pat the herd, sip honey-laced spiced Chai and dream of days spent on the couch, alongside my brill Amazing Bob, reading and watching cowboy movies. Not askin' for much here!
- Buffy’s had a low level career – nothing approaching her Buffy Summers glory.
- Willow’s been in a string of well received movies and played Lily Aldrin in How I Met Your Mother, which ran from 2005 to 2014. She’s now on the magical variety show Penn & Teller: Fool Us.
- Xander’s been a troubled soul. I sure as hell hope he makes it out of his own personal Hell Mouth!
- Handsome Giles has been active in his homeland with Little Britain, Merlin, Repo! The Genetic Opera and Percy Jackson amongst other things.
- My beloved Spike’s been on Smallville, Witches of East End, P.S. I Love You, Torchwood and he’s got a band too.
- Angel had his Buffy spin off, approriately named Angel and then went on to costar in the show Bones.
- Cordelia’s had a good run and is now host of the show Surviving Evil.
- Oz is doing very well.
- And then there’s Faith. She’s reportedly moved back home – to nearby Watertown – and is working on a bachelor’s degree in sociology. at a local college. Go Faith!
“When I stopped to work on the election content, I was in the middle of writing a script about a Jewish woman during World War II,” Whedon said. “So weirdly enough, I don’t think I am going to have a problem getting back to that. I feel like the parallels are horrifying … It feels like the right thing to be working on.” (source)Doesn't look like it BUT yuh never know.