Search This Blog

Friday, June 30, 2017

Twilight Zone U.S.A.

Dreamt I was lost in Berlin while attempting to get to Zoo Station, only it didn’t look exactly like Berlin. The place was hilly like San Francisco, there were no trees and the boulevards were wider than six lane highways. There was a serious charm deficit.

I boarded a trolley that I thought was headed in the right direction. I must’ve looked spectacularly out of place and def not German because a young man came up to me and, without a word from moi, told me IN ENGLISH the correct route to take to the station. Yup, I was on the wrong streetcar. Of course I was – I’m talented like that, don’cha know.

In Dream World, I was 100 fathoms deep in Allegory Ocean. What’s it all mean? //shrugs// Likely something to do with feeling a little lost, sad and panicked without my Amazing Bob.
In this mondo painful anniversary week, I’m trying to avoid reading the news. Not exactly succeeding here.
On Thursday’s program, the InfoWars host welcomed guest Robert David Steele onto The Alex Jones Show, which airs on 118 radio stations nationwide, to talk about kidnapped children he said have been sent on a two-decade mission to space.
~~~snip~~~
Steele alleged the kidnapped children were not only being kidnapped for space labor, but also murdered for their blood and bone marrow. (source)
Between this and the Pizzagate bullshit, I really gotta wonder if Jones is some kind of closet child hating pedophile.
When NASA’s Webster was asked about the veracity of the one rumor by The Daily Beast on Thursday, he responded, “there’s only one stupid rumor on the Internet? Now that’s news.” (source)
This is hilarious but, at the same time, this is one the places our idiot president gets his “news,” his “intel.” Yup, I’m deeply horrified and embarrassed.

Not so hilarious AT ALL is the NRA’s new ad. It translates, basically, as:
BE STONE PETRIFIED OF EVERYONE WHO DOESN’T SHARE YOUR EXACT VIEWS AND SHOOT THEM BEFORE THEY KILL YOU! Yeah I know, it's their usual shtick but they're really ratcheting up the crazy, the calls for violence and mayhem.

I only mention it but if I, lil’ ol’ peasant, citizen, Democrat Donna, put out an ad like this, I’d be tits deep in Feds, Boys in Blue, orange jump suits and I'd sitting in a windowless, unpainted, cement box withOUT Coco.

Gun-humping spokes model, Loesch, defends herself and the NRA by saying (in part) "the language of the left is violence.” Oh rilly. Here, Dana, you dear, dear dimwit, try this short list of YOUR people on for size:

We have the pushers like Palin, Ann Coulter, Dead Beat Dad Joe Walsh, Right Wing Hate Daddy – Rush Limbaugh, O'Reilly and so many more. And then we have the human shaped killing machines which your team set in motion:
Both lists could go on and on but HEY, here's a fun vid mash up!
Coco is NOT amused!

A bit from Newsweek (n.b.: Newsweek – not exactly a hotbed of radical lefties)
Together, white supremacists and anti-government extremists account for 85 percent of the plots identified on ADL’s list of right-wing terrorism incidents. The remainder can be attributed to anti-abortion, anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant and other extremists.
When will the NRA be officially labeled a terrorist org? That’s way the fuck overdue.

And things are getting a shade and a half more clear vis-à-vis the Trump campaign working with Russia to steal the election.
Before the 2016 presidential election, a longtime Republican opposition researcher mounted an independent campaign to obtain emails he believed were stolen from Hillary Clinton’s private server, likely by Russian hackers.

In conversations with members of his circle and with others he tried to recruit to help him, the GOP operative, Peter W. Smith, implied he was working with retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, at the time a senior adviser to then-candidate Donald Trump. (source)
That, by the by, is from the War Street Journal – also not generally known for bold progressive stands.

I think I gotta work harder at avoiding current events. Here, let's have a palate cleanser. Yur welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment