Search This Blog

Monday, January 1, 2018

Thrillah!

This morning I got a crazy notion – I’ll motor down to Nantasket and take pics of the pre-dawn beach in ice! This was, in fact, a brill idea – there’s some tremendously fierce, dangerous beauty goin’ on. I actually dressed for the 1ºF temps too – wool socks, fleece pants, my absolute warmest sweater under my winter coat. I even remembered to bring a hat and gloves. I know – shockingly bright of me.

None of this smart prep was any match for the scalpel sharp wind coming off the ocean. The icy blast sliced clean through me, to my bones. All my toasty clothing may as well have been single ply bathroom tissue. Despite this, I’d taken off my gloves so’s I could work the camera. My hands immediately began morphing into non-functioning fists of ice.

Yeah, I took a few quick shots and back up to the car I zipped. I wisely chose to take a pass on an ice floe (AKA beach) walk and sunrise pics. I’ll try again when the temps get above 5ºF. K?

What about New Year’s Eve? What’d I do? Spent it like always – with Jen and Oni.

They made some AMAZING calzones, we had blueberry pie and watched a few eps of our latest fave sci fi show – Grimm. Afterward, I ran into Umlaut as I headed home via our porch connector. In this blindingly frigid weather, food freezes up quickly, becoming inedible. If I don’t see him, I don’t put out the good stuff – just kibble. Pretty sure, as he approached me on the veranda,  he was saying “Hey, where’s my big holiday meal? What's a cute furry gotta do to get a plate 'o' grub around here?!” Naturally, I ran inside to fetch him a plate or two of tuna and beef feast.

Coco? She got a big dish of tuna and all the cuddles she could stand.

OK because they’re both such good kittens, they got treats too – Temptations Seafood Medley.

So then – dinner with my besties, TV, time spent indulging my furry sweeties and I was asleep before 2018 showed its face. Yup, I’m a stone thriller.

What about you? What did you do to celebrate the end of that heinous year?

Also too – this tune’s solidly in my bean this AM. I’m happy about this, by the by.

No comments:

Post a Comment