Search This Blog

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Peachy

I dreamed zombies and a shattered town a la Will Smith’s fabulous but hard/sad I Am Legend. Not one of my more fun dreamscapes. 

WHY am I dreaming about zombies? Could be because, at Tea Time, Jen, Oni, Ten and I are watching the TV show iZombie. This is, by a few thousand light years, WAY lighter viewing fare than Legend. iZombie is a zom-rom-com murder mystery program with extra added, inventive, yummy and healthy meal ideas (for brains) too.

This is what Tea Time needs – buoyant escapism. Tea Time is when we (your plucky heroes) go off the clock and back to a more innocent age. A time when our biggest stressors were making the rent and would that hottie from the show last night really call.

iZombie – it's not Buffy but it has just about all we need for our weekend Turn Off the Brain time.

Back to my decidedly UNblithesome zombie dream – I should have attempted to keep all the threads in mind as soon as I woke. Dreams are a good way of understanding my puzzle box bean. It’s mega importante to understand, in real time, what I’m feeling and why so’s I don’t, in confused, angry frustration over life's assorted asshole crocodiles. snap at Jen or Ten for the heinous crime of not reading my mind fast or accurately enough.
 NO, I wanted tofu/carrot/BROCCOLI pancakes NOT tofu/carrot/spinach pancakes! WHAT were you thinking – those textures don’t go together AT ALL!
Yup, I’m a hell of an ungrateful peach (SONG CUE!) at times.
Jen? Ten? Please keep this on hand, just in case:
I am SO damn sorry! Please forgive me. What can I do to make amends?
Interestingly, a few people who would know (sister, therapist {fer fuck’s sake} and a close friend), have recently commented that I’m self aware. Huh. Rilly now? Maybe that’s just relative to everyone else they know? If I am in any way, it’s entirely due to all that navel gazing horseshit AND dream divination in which I’m wont to indulge.

Have I compared myself to a peach yet?
Blue Sky – Allman Brothers from Eat a Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment