Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

The Kids are Alright

OK. OK, I’m def no kid anymore but I’m alright. Today is a day filled with crap that makes me happy. Yes, THIS despite the fact that it’s gonna be 90 bloody degrees out.

For starters, I’m wearing my absolute favoritest tank top. It’s an oversized tie dye of a cat. How awesome is that? MOLTO! A great way to perk up the day is by donning clothes that I love. This was a prezzie from my mega hip pal Jenny in Arizona.

This, of course, has set visions of a return to Jerome (WITH Ten this time!) dancing in my bean.

Next, I had my eye appointment yesterday and everything’s AOK. It’s no longer a bright crimson shade, there’s no infection and I’m back to wearing my prosthetic cornea. My sight’s not damaged and I got tips on how to dodge a repeat of last Friday’s panic inducing sitch too. Yea!

I'm avoiding MOST news today but a couple fab and fun things leaked through my no-news filters.

Did ya know, the next 007 is gonna be (brace yourself now for some serious, straight up awesome) Lashana Lynch!

“…that’s all we want to do as females: We just want to rule the world and feel fly doing it.” 

Yes, Captain Marvel is the new 007 and I am MEGA PSYCHED!

Hat tip to Ten, there’s apparently going to be a run on Area 51 in September. There’s a ShoutyFace event page up entitled Storm Area 51, They Can’t Stop All of Us. More than a half-million folks have signed on to attend and more are interested.
“We will all meet up at the Area 51 Alien Center tourist attraction and coordinate our entry. If we naruto run, we can move faster than their bullets. Let's see them aliens.”
The site and event are for laughs – NOT serious (I think) but I imagine there are a fair amount of dimbulbs who are taking this as totes fer realies. How much ya wanna bet that they’re Trump supporters? Those folks could blow a free beer into a major FREEDUMB destroying conspiracy.

Related sort of and I’m just wondering – will the definition of the word donnish be expanding or flat out changing? It’s current meaning: bookish; pedantic. It comes from the Oxbridge term don “a head, fellow, or tutor of a college.”
Jim was never able to have a conversation of any sort without lapsing into a donnish mode.
Will it now be synonymous with liar, perjurer and con-artist? I’m kinda bettin’ on it.

2 comments:

  1. I like the 007 thing. I'm a Doctor Who fan, and the past 2 years have been filled with people pulling out their hair because the alien lead character - whose genitals have never figured into a storyline - regenerated into a woman. Former "fans" now spend their time bemoaning character gender and counting how many white people there are mixed in with blue people in episodes.

    Of course, the people who WILL cry and complain about 007 probably haven't bought a movie ticket or rented a Bond flick since The Living Daylights, but let them whine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I just have no patience for these puerile nits.

      Delete