Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Boom shaka-laka-laka, Boom shaka-laka-laka

One thing I’ve freshly realized is that I’m one sturdy babe-ola – I’m no airy-fairy frail.

WHY would I think that I am? Well, I’m NOT the healthiest of motherfuckers. Nf2’s been kicking my round ass for the last couple of years and that ain’t pretty. 

When I can’t walk a mile without rest stops, when I need daily naps, when the stairs seem endless and insurmountable … I kinda forget my non-feeb reality. Recovery’s not done but I AM getting stronger, I AM breakin’ on through to the other side.

My big fat Italian/Irish realization is also, maybe more specifically, about my mental/emotional resilience. I bloody well have the smarts, cojones and tenacity to overcome the hard shit this wild world throws at me.
BOOM SHAKA-LAKA-LAKA
An aside: I SO need the outfit Sly's rockin' in this vid!!!
What about Trump and his party of Republi/Fascists who will make every sneaky-ass, bullshit, ratfucking and mega corrupt move they can in order to suppress the vote. Ya know, so's the poor get poorer, the middle class evaporates once and for all and the rich, of course, get richer. The R/F's full on KNOW they can only hold power when they cheat.

I’m counting on the ACLU, fighters like Stacey Abrams and Eric Holder, Nancy Pelosi and more folks from the Pro Warriors for People League to defend our rights.

What can I do to stand up for my due, my right as a citizen?
Advocates urge individual voters to help counter voter suppression by:
  • Checking your voter registration early and often to make sure it’s up to date. Make sure family and friends also check. Many states have easy online access to your view registration records, and vote.org also has voting data from all 50 states.
  • Helping counter misinformation and disinformation by knowing the credible sources for voting information and sharing it with others. Double-check the information you hear and report disinformation immediately.
  • Volunteering to be poll workers. (source
And if the Republi/Fascist, shortsighted governor of my otherwise smart state won’t allow an all-mail election in November, or if Baker and his Party of Grifters, Greedheads and Shitheels succeed in killing off the postal service? I’ll show up, kitted out in a poor person’s Hazmat suit, and wait as long as needed. 

I WILL vote.


I may not BE the storm BUT, sure as sunrise and raspberries, I’m no weak, roll-over-and-give-up sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment