Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Cold Rain

It’s a gloomy day and I’m in a gloomy mood. It’s the kind of day where, if I still had ears, I’d lay in bed listening to Have You Ever Seen the Rain by Creedence Clearwater Revival on auto-replay for six solid hours. Afterwards I’d queue up Dylan’s A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall for another straight six. I’d just lay in bed, soaking in the music. Eventually I’d be rejuvenated or, at least, a little less dismal.

Supposed to be bitterly cold all week too. FUCK.

'scuse me while I go be a melancholy baby for the day (or part of it anyway)

And what did you hear, my blue-eyed son?
And what did you hear, my darling young one?
I heard the sound of a thunder, it roared out a warnin’
Heard the roar of a wave that could drown the whole world
Heard one hundred drummers whose hands were a-blazin’
Heard ten thousand whisperin’ and nobody listenin’
Heard one person starve, I heard many people laughin’
Heard the song of a poet who died in the gutter
Heard the sound of a clown who cried in the alley
And it’s a hard, and it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard
And it’s a hard rain’s a-gonna fall

Oh, who did you meet, my blue-eyed son?
Who did you meet, my darling young one?
I met a young child beside a dead pony
I met a white man who walked a black dog
I met a young woman whose body was burning
I met a young girl, she gave me a rainbow
I met one man who was wounded in love
I met another man who was wounded with hatred
And it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard
It’s a hard rain’s a-gonna fall

A crown is merely a hat that lets the rain in.
~ Frederick the Great

No comments:

Post a Comment