Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2016

Movie Day!

I used to be mad-wild for movie theater popcorn. In fact, I’d go to the picture shows JUST so I could sit in the dark and chomp away on those fabulous, crunchy puffs of salt and butter.  Yesterday morning, Jen, Oni and I went to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens and I got a big bag of the hot stuff. I was psyched!

The popcorn (or pupcahn as it's called in these pahts), sadly, did not live up to my childhood memories. It was too salty and a little chemical-ish tasting. I think, next time, I'll just go with the M&Ms. *sigh*

The movie however...Sweet disintigrating Death Stars on bantha milk! It was aMAZing! Just astounding.

Jen claims that I saw The Phantom Menace with them but fell asleep. OK yes, I’ve vague memories of this. My take away, from what I recall, was tragic disappointment and annoyance. Jar Jar Binks. Need I say more? No, I don’t think so. So big was my letdown that I know that I didn’t bother with Attack of the Clones, or Revenge of the Sith.
What made me want to see this installment? Carrie Fisher. She’s awesome+ to say the least. I wanted to see her in her grown up role of General Organa (who knew? Leia had a last name!)

Then I heard about John Boyega. Apparently there's a big fuss about him becasue Oooo, a black guy is one of the main stars (unlike Lando Calrissian who was more of a supporting player). Heavens to murgatroyd!

The none too bright, pathetic, whiny-ass, spoiled, toddler brained, martyr wannabes are hilarious (except for the fact that they’re, generally, armed and dangerous) with their outraged claims of anti-white propaganda. Poor sad boys should get outta the house now and then so they can see that not everyone is so pale and penis-y.

Mister Boyega responded to the utter, racist, asininity of it all:
“I’m in the movie, what are you going to do about it?” he told V magazine. “You either enjoy it or you don’t. I’m not saying get used to the future ... [it] is already happening. People of colour and women are increasingly being shown on screen. For things to be whitewashed just doesn’t make sense.”
Nope, doesn’t make a lick of sense whatsoever but then, these are, likely, the same freakazoids who believe there’s a war of Christmas every time someone says Happy Holidays.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
~Yoda
Gotta say though, at the very tippy top of my Why-I’m-Wild-About-the-New-Star-Wars list is this:

Rey

Played by Daisy Ridley, Rey is the new face of Jedi-hood. I wonder, were Kasdan and Abrams inspired by Joss Whedon’s very popular, kick ass female protagonists? You know, BuffyRipley 8, Zoë Washburne and Faith, just to name but a few.
Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women, and the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it. We need equality. Kinda now.
~Joss Whedon
I haven’t seen any fuss from the Tiny Penis Brigade over Ridley, (a chick!) being the new Jedi star of the show. Not yet and I’m not gonna go lookin’ for it—I’m sure it’s out there. Not only does Rey triumph over the new Dark Force bad boy, she even, at the end, joins Chewie in piloting Solo’s Millennium Falcon.

Wow city! I can’t wait to see what she does in the next installment!

No comments:

Post a Comment