Search This Blog

Friday, October 27, 2017

Beaux Rêves

Been a hella interesting week. I took two classes – the first since my hearing vamoosed 13 years ago. Since that time, I've avoided group situations. Swarms of people talking and moving about make maintaining balance and following conversation unpossible. This was different though. I focused on following the instructor's moves and, as much as possible, blocked out the rest of the class. I still missed a lot and staying upright was certainly a challenge but I did OK and will def show up again next Tuesday.

I'm feeling inspired now. Maybe I could do an out of water tai chi class too. Possibly one of those trendy, new barre classes as well.

Dream World this week was all over the place – good, bad and snoozerific.

In Fröhlich Dream World, Jen and I were launching a bike trip from here, Valhalla, down to my buddy Steve’s house, just outside New Haven.

By car, that’s about 150 miles and three+ hours (given inevitable traffic, it's more like four+). In the Land of Nod, our bike excursion wouldn’t take any longer. It was late summer – we left after work and would arrive before dark. Also, here in Nodville, I had the balance chops to ride a bike versus trike. Sweet!

The last detail I recall was making absolutely certain I could easily, while riding, access my tinyphone so’s I could dial up The Amazing Bob whilst transiting. He was alive and well.

This was my Happy-Joy-Joy dream. Of course.

Last night's ZZZland adventure featured a long horror-show of killers – multiple assassins, one dream right after the other. None of the mad fuckers, despite their crazed persistence, succeeded in offing yurs truly. I ran and when that didn’t work, fought viciously. When my attackers were, at least temporarily, down for the count I’d sprint away.

After each vignette I woke with a start thinking Yeah, I’ll never get back to sleep tonight but, practically before the thought formed, I was back in Nodville – escaping hit-men.

The details elude me now but, by wakey-wakey time when Coco climbed atop my hip, announcing her presence with authority, I was finding it all just tedious and maybe a little amusing. I was Neo, in attitude if not abilities.
Sweet Dreams Are Made of This – Eurythmics

No comments:

Post a Comment