Search This Blog

Friday, January 19, 2018

Mishy-Mashy

This is Blossom. She’s our kitty-cornered neighbor’s sweet beastie and is well fed at home. So what’s she doing, twice daily, at my Cat CafĂ©? I don’t think, but who knows, that this is a dominance play (This is MY neighborhood and I claim the food on this porch!) – that she’s trying to bully Umlaut out of his space. Maybe, after all these years, she just wants to know what all the fuss is about – I heard on the Tabby Telegraph that the grub here at the Famous Valhalla Diner is primo– thought I’d check it out for myself.

As far as I know, Umlaut is homeless. He’s got a reserved table here and has first dibs.
~~~

Yesterday Awesome Cousins and I took the train into Cambridge. We walked up through MIT, taking the 147 Smoot long Infinite Corridor, the university’s "spinal cord." Sadly, it was not an MIThenge day. The next one – just 10 days away – is a beauty to behold.
From there we made our way to lunchie at, OF COURSE, Mary Chung’s. Fabulous as always but, fortune cookie-wise, they’ve apparently gone corporate success meme-y.

After being suitably capitalistically inspired, we hit Boomarang’s for some thrift shopping and, from there, ambled up to the Harvard Bookstore (where, naturally, too much cabbage was spent) and then we were homeward bound.

I discovered something important yesterday – I’ve full blown entered the Crotchety Old Broad years. You know THIS huge building didn’t exist when The Amazing Bob and I lived here! What’s with all this obnoxious construction? There used to be a good live music club RIGHT HERE! Is a grilled cheese sandwich restaurant really necessary? EVERYTHING’S DIFFERENT AND IT’S PISSING ME OFF! Yup, I'm a spectacular treat alright.

Abso-fucking-awesome, no?
~~~
On arriving home, I found that my brand-y new shower curtain had arrived! Yes, I truly needed Godzilla and the Great Wave in my rain room. Fer fuck’s sake, who doesn’t?!
~~~
AND we had another, somewhat less Poetry Soup-ish dinner party. Everyone spoke directly into the phone mics which helped a lot. Voice recog tech isn't perfect (YET) but the convo was slightly less Alice in Wonderland-ish.

By the by, Della, Cheryl, Logan, Oni and I solved ALL the current U.S. probs and crises du jour and, for that matter, most of the rest of humanity's troubles. Yur welcome. No...sorry, I don't recall what our clean, straight-forward solution was BUT I suspect it was 42.
There are times when wisdom cannot be found in the chambers of parliament or the halls of academia but at the unpretentious setting of the kitchen table.
~ E.A. Bucchianeri
Yeah, tell it sistah!

No comments:

Post a Comment