Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Metaphor much?

I dreamed that I was traveling in a wholly unknown-to-me place – some large urban center in Eastern Europe, maybe Russia. I was with a big, BIG group of people, 40 or 50. These were co-workers or something like that. Acquaintances not buds.

We had, however, been traveling together, as one big party, for a very long time. Companiable comfort levels were there, if not grand BFFness. All that was ending though – me and the horde were headed in different directions. There were no big goodbyes, no sobby farewells. In fact, as we found ourselves at a HUGE and mega confusing airport/train station, they all, simply, went their way and I went mine.

I didn’t know my ultimate destination – it didn't seem to really matter. I was footloose – maybe even fancy free. This was now my journey alone and I could go anywhere.

First stop was the ticket office. Dunno whether I had hearing in this nocturnal panto. Didn’t matter – it’s not as if, in this très foreign land, I’d understand what anyone said anyway. That was OK though. Despite some nervousness and fear of the unknown, it was all really OK.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
~ Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment