Search This Blog

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Wish I Could Fly Like Superman

There are some nights, despite a day of doing all the right things, that I still can’t peacefully, easily drift off to Dream Land.  On Friday, I ate healthily, had a single glass ‘o’ vino, finished all the jobs on my work plate, got a wee walk in, painted, treated myself to a restrained bookstore run, did all my stretching exercises, spent quality time with Coco AND performed some deep breathing crap too.

AND? At 11PM, understanding that Hypnos had stood me up YET again, I read my new murder mystery (Michael Connelly’s The Drop) while Coco racked out on my tummy. Eventually, I set down the ripping yarn, shut the lights and, WONDER OF WONDERS, got it on with my bud Morpheus.

I dreamed I was flying. No airplane or angel wings needed. Nope, I was making like Superman and Wonder Woman and I was on a mission. It was? Bring the children, ripped from their parents, back into Ma and Pa's loving arms. At night, in my dreams, I’m able to relieve some of the barbarism of this once great, now horror-show country.

I realize this, in the grand scheme of things, is a side note BUT! About Melania’s caszh-hate costume choice…
Her spokesperson denies there was a hidden message behind it and says: 
'It's a jacket. There was no hidden message.” (source)
Yeah DUH, no hidden message AT ALL. She’s wearing her very clear message in billboard size type ON HER BACK where no one can possibly miss it. More clearly than speaking into a mic, she made her and Fat Hitler’s bigoted, desperately odious, official position known to the world.

Can everyone, now, just stop with the fairy tale that FLOTUS is some innocent, good woman who’s being held captive by a monster? She’s a fellow racist, piece 'o' shit monster. She’s his well compensated, parasitic side-kick. She’s Salacious B. Crumb with tits, NOT Oola the doomed, dancing slave girl.

Brian Marriott, senior weasel word asshole in the Department of Health and Human Services – you know, the folks who should be reuniting the traumatized children with their traumatized parents has noted that:
the children could be connected with other family members or “appropriate” sponsors living in the United States, not necessarily the parent they were separated from at the border. (source)
Right now, Ginger Mubarak and the Christianist Republican Party of Faux Family Values have only weasel words.

These pestilent, necrotic maggots aren't even bothering to lightly paper over their heinous intolerance and utter lack of compassion. Nope, they're singing it loud as though they'll never die or be held accountable.

4 comments:

  1. I was recently criticized, lectured actually, about second-guessing my intuitive leaps of cognizant guessing so I'm gonna' stay with she was trolled. Some smartass spray painted that on the back of that rainjacket as she was headed out the door and she has no idea, is completely oblivious. Makes it no better, no worse, ambivalence. The problem with Marie Antoinette and her lack of any idea of what was coming as a cultural or historical touchstone is she had a hell of a lot more class than Our Tea Pot Dictator's KGB Asset Handler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are far more generous than I. ๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  2. It sort of reminds me of when women accused then-candidate Trump of assaulting them and a tape came out in which he said he assaulted women. Normally, that would be considered a confession. But somehow, not with this bunch.

    Here, they're accused of not caring, wear a jacket saying they don't care, and then can't figure out why people accuse them of not caring.

    It's surreal and awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I’m feeling very gaslit ๐Ÿคจ

      Delete