Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2018

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Jen and I are at Logan, waiting to board our flight to Pittsburgh…where it’s raining. It always rains in Western Pennsylvannia on the weekend. Possibly this is why so much of the rural population is angry, uncomfortable with themselves and MOST certainly with anyone of a diffreent color, religion, nationality, sexuality or general way of being. NOT everyone, mind you but this is def Orange Waste Product country.

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
~ Henry Ford

The airplane stays up because it doesn't have the time to fall.
~ Orville Wright

I used to do my best thinking while staring out airplane windows. The seat-back video system put a stop to that. Now I sit and watch old' Friends' and 'Everybody Loves Raymond' episodes. …I guess I don't think anymore.
~ Mary Roach
Me? I’d read. Still do but, with in-flight WiFi and the damn television, it takes an epic effort. In the air, my mind become gelatinous.
Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo.
~ Al Gore

If you sit on an airplane and you tell the English person sitting next to you that you have a bomb in your bag, they would probably be pissed off. Not as much pissed off as if you were talking to them all the time during the journey, but still, quite pissed off.
~ Angela Kiss, How to be an Alien in England: A Guide to the English

I like that they call it an airplane cabin. A cabin is where you go to get away from stress. The cabin is a respite from the terminals on either end of the flight where noise bombards you as soon as you walk through the gate.
~ Regina Brett
This is a better way for me to look at it than I do – cooped up, cramped, trapped and crowded. Claustrophobia time. I will try to channel Ms. Brett’s thoughts.
Jim InnesUntitled
I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes.
~ Charles Lindbergh

I heard an airplane passing overhead. I wished I was on it.
~ Charles Bukowski
METAPHOR ALERT!
Just because you have baggage doesn't mean you have to lug it around.
~ Richie Norton

Don't call me Shirley!
~ Leslie Nielsen

This is not your fucking captain speaking". Dietrich's voice squawked over the intercom. "Don't fucking bother me. If you can't locate exits, well you're shit out of luck. Head's in the rear of the plane and I didn't pack shit for you motherfucker's to eat so deal with it. This flight will take approximately one hour. Don't make me crash the fucking plane. Cause I will if I deem it necessary
~ Tigris Eden, Dietrich — Enslaved In Shadows 

So, we're off. We'll spend my 60th with Pop which feels tremendously appropriate.

Leaving on a Jet Plane – Peter, Paul and Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment