Search This Blog

Thursday, December 13, 2018

It's Day Five

Coco is keeping a close watch so's I don't overdo
And I’m beyond exhausted.This damn cold is more of rat bastard to get over than back surgery. OK, that’s just how it feels right now. And, to be all fair and shit, my throat doesn’t hurt quite as much this morning and I’m marginally less tippy (head colds exacerbate my already crap balance) – still this shit’s really fucking with my ability to do the leg strengthening exercises I gotta perform daily to come back from my slice-age.

I HAVE on the last two days, managed to gin up the energy to do one round each of three piddling routines PLUS walk across the road to the seawall, up to the corner of Bell Street and back. Yup, that’s a whopping 866 feet – I’m practically in Olympic form now, eh?

So, since I’ve got nothing to say this morning (beyond more whining about this damn cold), I’ve got a few suggestions.

Steve M. over at No More Mister Nice Blog has a couple excellent posts up.
Does Trump Have Only Three Motives

FYI, the comments section is DEF worth the read. At the mo, Steve seems to have intelligent, thoughtful commenters AND his trolls appear to be off on holiday too!

Also at Steve's place – DO check out his Nancy Pelosi Might Be The New RBG post. Again, with just one exception, great comments. I’m particularly fond of Ten Bears' understatement (and that’s NOT just ‘cause I’m warm for the man’s form…I'm mondo keen on his big brain too.)  

One of my motivations for getting up and out beauty
Frances Langum over at Crooks and Liars has an amusing bit up, 'The View' Laughs As Trump's Border Wall Con Gets Outed. Dunno if the badly dressed egomaniac ever heard the Margaret Atwood quote "Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.” He should know, we’re NOT afraid of him AND we’re laughing out asses off at him.

Also at C&L, Karoli Kuns tells us that the National Enquirer's Parent Company Admits Payoff To Trump Ex Meant To Influence Election 
This moves Donald Trump closer to felony charges. It directly links the payoffs to improper election influence, which is not just "a civil matter," as Trump contends. It also supports the recording Cohen made where he was clearly planning how funds would flow through his shell corporation in order to protect Donald Trump.
Seems everyone’s rolling over for Mueller (‘cept maybe Melania because, GODDAMN, her boy going to jail would be fine and dandy BUT his assets might be seized and, as anyone with a brain knows, his buckos are the only reason she puts up with his ugly-ass self).

AND, over at Think Progress, Sam Fulwood has a jolly round up of folks explaining why no one is sad to see Paul zombie-eyed-granny-starver Ryan, head back to his home in Janesville, Wisconsin. Paul Ryan can’t escape his legacy as an enabler of Trump’s worst impulses.
In it Ezra Kline notes that:
In the trillions of long-term debt he racked up as speaker, in the anti-poverty proposals he promised but never passed, and in the many lies he told to sell unpopular policies, Ryan proved as much a practitioner of post-truth politics as Donald Trump.
And Paul Krugman asks and answers the magical question:
So how did such an obvious con artist get a reputation for seriousness and fiscal probity? Basically, he was the beneficiary of ideological affirmative action.
Go. Read. Enjoy. I’m gonna sit here for a few more moments (or so), drinking my lemon/ginger tea whilst working up the energy for leg exercises and a walk.

2 comments:

  1. I suspect Melania will survive quite comfortably, once she gets back to Russia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I'm sure her and her kid will have some fine little dacha in the exurbs of Moscow. Probbably way better than that is she's been a good little spy and has lots to share :-)

      Delete