Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2018

Life in the Time of Heroes and Angels

Yes indeedy, meine Freunde, there are brill, heroic angels and heroes battling the maladroit, Machiavellian monsters who, drunk with power and hate, are ramming our sad, angry, beleaguered country into their greedheaded, gargantuan mountain of racism and rancid rhino poo.

Cities, states and counties have said NO to 45’s insane immigrant hate and have declared themselves sanctuaries.

There are brave judges who’ve denied this vile administration’s rabid warthog-ish, racist and flagrantly cruel attempts to punish, by withholding law enforcement bucks unless these heroic locales cave to dictatorial, xenophobic chickenhawk feces edicts. These sanctuaries take the inscription on the Statue of Liberty seriously, unlike the Republican/Fascist Party.

    Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door! 

 
There are environmental heroes, like the Environmental Defense Fund AND Greenpeace.

Women’s Rights heroes, like Planned Parenthood and NARAL.

There are the heroes working for gun control – fighting the terrorist death merchants of the NRA: Moms Demand Action, the young Stoneman Douglas High School massacre survivors, like Emma González , David Hogg and more.

There’s the Human Rights Campaign, the largest civil rights organization working for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer equality.

AND there’s the ACLU who fight for us all.

This Rolling Stone column, Meet the Leaders of the Trump Resistance is from this past January. It’s a fab, hope inspiring read, especially after our Blue Wave continues to roll in.
Man, proud man, drest in a little brief authority, most ignorant of what he's most assured, glassy essence, like an angry ape, plays such fantastic tricks before high heaven, as make the angels weep.
Willy the Shake, Measure for Measure (act 2, sc. 2, l. 117)
And then there are my personal angels:

Jen and Oni – they not only cook amazingly wonderful, tasty as hell,  restorative meals for me, Jen's been cleaning my house, keepimg track of my pill sched and doing my laundry. Ya know, a babe could get used to this :-)

There's Ten who, though 3,000 miles away, checks on me every morning and evening – texting encouragement and chiding when I overdo it.

Hillel and Paula have taken turns driving me to my zillion + doc appointments.

My awesome sister Celeste and friend Felicity, (who also have Nf2), know what I'm going through and text me daily to chat and get my recovery updates.

I'm surrounded by heroes and angels.

2 comments:

  1. You've got to appreciate what heroes you can find, acting in ways big and small.

    The good guys could win a few rounds.

    ReplyDelete