Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Waves

I had an exceptionally fine, VERY low-to-no pain day yesterday. It was a brill marvel. I felt an occasional twinge but that was it. Naturally, I took advantage and, when my visiting nurse came to check me out and take me for a walk, I pushed to go twice as far as last week. STILL, no pain! I took some just-in-case, preemptive Ibuprofen when we got home and, later, racked out on the heating pad for a bit.

This morning? Same, just a wee twinge here and there. Mother of fucking god, I've jumped to the next level. I'm practically at the light speed version of recovery now!

Meanwhile, this is a text convo Jen and I had on Sunday – the day after I overdid at the crafts fair. I'm amazed by the difference between Sunday and Monday. I totes know that recovery from giant surgery is a wave but, now, the troughs are getting a shit-ton less troughy!

Me: Can I have more drugs now?
Jen: Si! I put them in the cups on your bureau. Do yo need help?
Me: No, I’m just spectacularly lazy. I can and will get off my azz :-(
Jen: Haha!! It's Sunday.... let me know if you change mind.
        Later
Me: What time is High Tea?
Jen: 3:30. I will come getcha.
Gonna be a two course meal: beans and Brussels sprouts, and, a little later, veg curry!!!
Me: !!!!!!!! I’m SUCH A LUCKY OLD BROAD!
Jen: :-) And later Oni is gonna make us home fries for the week ....
Me: Oh Jesus—I’m dead and this is heaven! Right? You can tell me, really. how did we all croak at the same time IN YOUR KITCHEN?
Jen: Haha!!!! Oni is chuckling !!! I don't know how but heaven is way less boring this way. Fuck those angels and harps!!!
Me: Only if they wear condoms. You KNOW those angels are promiscuous little fuckers.
Jen: Ha! Yeh, don't get knocked up by a winged God servant!
We’re both post menopausal so, actually, if either of us had half a mind to do it, we COULD do the deed with one of these theoretical angels without risk of pregitudeness. Frankly, and to be all honest and shit, I KNOW that Oni and Ten are packin’ wings under their shirts. The Amazing Bob MOST certainly was. His were monster fat, tall ones too. Also, lemme just tell you, clean up was mondo hellish during his annual molting season!
Me: Having an angel's bun in the oven would blow slimy, half chewed lima bean chunks!
Jen: Ouch!!! And gross!!!

And then it was Tea time so I went next door to Heaven (AKA Jen and Oni’s kitchen)

No comments:

Post a Comment