Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2019

One of these days...

I'll learn to NOT book night flights from Pittsburgh to Boston.

Either we, trip companion du jour and I, get stuck in nasty traffic and miss the flight OR said flight gets cancelled due to heinous weather.

Hillel and I fell into the the Ice and Snow delay reason yesterday. The roads were dodgy as hell but we made it to the airport on time BUT Jetblue flight number 1986 was not goin' nowhere.

The upside (there's always an upside) is this gave us an opportunity to return to the atmospherically awesome Mad Mex (it's in Mt. Lebonan, PA., I believe) where I was able to order a hot toddy that was actually worth a damn. The only thing missing was cloves.

We're about to head over to the airport now. So far, our 8:30 AM flight is listed as delayed by just a few minutes – that's all. I'm currently praying to Helius and Zeus (the god not my visitor cat) begging for clear, ice-free landing strips in Boston. It's 4ยบ there now so yesterday slush storm is now an icy hellscape.

Ya know, I just wanna be home with Coco right now. Is that too damn much to ask?!

No comments:

Post a Comment