Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2019

Mrfflefuzz

I've got nothing to say but it's okay
Good morning, good morning

~ The Beatles 

Mrfflefuzz redux?

There's nothing worthless about being wordless, it will only save your mouth from talking gibberish.
~ Michael Bassey Johnson 

When my brain is nothing but a fried beige blank, when it’s just a thick pea soup fog of nothingness but I’m, ever so rudely, called upon to say something intelligent or interesting, I reflexively break out in song (In A Gadda Da Vida, natch) or verse:
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe.
These are perfectly reasonable AND understandable responses, n’est-ce pas?

The highest reaches of the actor's art begin, I believe, at the point where words cease to play a part.
~ Max Ophüls

This can also be said of the art of being alive, sentient.

I couldn't think of anything that didn't sound trivial, so I just nodded.
~ Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver

I’m just nodding here but you knew that, right?

2 comments:

  1. The Inna-Gadda-Davida reference brought me back instantly to freshman year dorm with Paul and others. I don't think I've ever heard that song when not in an altered state of consciousness (nor would I want to). I learned a lot that year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I heard it for the first time in 1972. Wasn't high or tripping BUT I *was* 13 years old. Adolecence has GOT to count as an altered state of consciousness!

      Delete