Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Sharks, Weeds and Waterboys

I dreamed that, instead of feeding a herd of stray cats each morning, I had a shiver of sharks on my porch. They were nice sharks but, yeah, a little more intimidating than our timid Umlaut, Thor, Ghost Cat and Pumpkin. Bit of a mystery too – how did they manage being out of the water long enough to climb up onto our porch? Musta been determined. They’d heard I dish out the expensive stuff – Fancy Feast. Nobody doesn’t lurv Fancy Feast.

Ten and I went to the Pot Shop in Brookline Village yesterday. My first time there and it’s now my total fave. Located in an old Renaissance Revival style bank it’s got a happy, beautiful vibe that the financial institution undoubtedly never inspired.

NETA is very organized but NOT oppressively overbearingly so. Like the other weed emporiums we’ve tried, there was a line to get into the joint. Three actually. There’s a Medical Marijuana line, one for folks who called ahead and are just picking up and then there’s us – Adult Use Full Service.

Standing out there, waiting to get into this way cool building, I flashed back to my days of standing on line to get into this club or that.

Which brings me to an upcoming show that I’ve decided I can’t miss. The Waterboys. Yes I’m deaf BUT maybe, if I can get close enough to the speaker stacks, I’ll be able to feel the music. Maybe I won’t but I can’t NOT go. Yes, it’s not cheap, it’s an evening gig and it’s in town – not Valhalla. Plus, the best chance for me to get close to the stacks would be to buy floor level/standing room tickets.

Questions:
  • Can I afford the freight and is it worth since I don't know how much of the music I'll be able to experience?
  • Can I stay up that late?
  • Am I physically able to stand for two hours of concert?
Answers:
  • YES. I’ll find a way to afford this – I’m too psyched not to.
  • I’ll do what I always used to do back in my Rat/MiddleEast/T.T.’s days – an afternoon nap with a pre-show COFFEE binge.
  • The gig's not until September – there’s time to get into better, more durable shape and I will.
So then, Imma buy the ticket and take the ride. I won’t know what I can feel or even IF I can feel the tunes unless I go.

You can’t win if you don’t play.

No comments:

Post a Comment