Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Spring haz Sprung

 WBUR tells me that Boston had the most days of rain in any month since record-keeping began in 1872….21 days of measurable precipitation. Pretty sure it rained most of this first week of May too.

Ten’s first month here at sea level (versus his high desert’s 4,000 foot elevation) and out of his all-sun-all-the-time arid home, was spent in near constant drizzle, fog and drenching mist. There were extra added econo-sized buckets of rain just for good mesure too. Hello Honey, welcome to the rainforest!

If April showers bring May flowers, what do April monsoons bring? For all that sogginess I want way more than pretty flowers, dammit! How about April unending rain and gloom brings snicker doodles, pear "martinis," dark chocolate and effortless weight-loss? Sounds fair, right?

Yesterday was the first sunny day in forever and a half. You’d think I’d have spent it beach-walking and just sitting outside happily drinking in the glorious rays. Nope. Yesterday’s a mystery to me now. I believe I was in a serious funk, worked a lot, ran errands, did housework shit and just generally kvetched, pissed and moaned. Yup, I was a real fucking treat.

I suppose it takes a day or two to recover from a month of dark, wet days, eh?

Between my moods and April’s deluge, I’m amazed that Ten’s still here…BUT he is! Am I lucky or WHAT?!

We did take a very short ramble on our home beach and wandered around looking at flowers and trees. Sunny day walks out in the brill beautificness of nature (ˈnāCHă as it’s pronounced around these pahts) always put me in a better frame of mind. Now that spring has sprung, I MUST take more of those suckers.

Here’s some of the calmly stunning eye candy that we came across yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment