Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

It’s Like This

I’ve got a hangover. NO not from drinking. This one’s from all the bloody eye kerfuffles of the last week (which are, by the by, on-fucking-going). Yup, fear (of losing my eye), panic and traumatic bullshit (the doc wanting to cut and shut THAT VERY DAY) – that level of shit leaves a heavy mark…possibly this is a crater.

I was supposed to go into my PCP’s office today for a totally no big deal/NOT eyes or tumors related appointment. NOPE! No can do – I need a day off from driving 93's bumper to bumper traffic into Boston. I need a day off from MGH/MEEI. I NEED a day off from everything. (Including the goddamn news!)

So I’m takin’ it. The no biggie appointment can be rescheduled and the world's not gonna shatter before tomorrow (despite Preznint Giant Fecal Tumor and his team of Republi/Fascist's best efforts).

It’s a brill sunny day. Ten and I will toddle down to Nantasket later this morning, before the tide’s way high. We’ll take a mega long, nerve unsnarling stroll and then lunchie! Sadly, the Red Parrot’s closed but there’s always Stars.

OR mebbe we’ll brave the brightly painted but still dodgy seeming food shacks. Once, years back, I stopped at one of them and ordered a salad. Imagine my surprise when a friendly cockroach crawled out from under a lovely leaf of Romaine. I expect he was miffed that I was disturbing his home. So…yeah, I don’t ever want to eat there again. Too bad I don’t recall WHICH  particular shack served that up.

Hmmm, Stars for lunch it is then!

No comments:

Post a Comment