Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Struggle and Weakness

This recovery is gonna take time...a LOT of it. I'm feeling impatient and frustrated to say the least.

Of course.

How can any man be weak who dares to be at all?
~ Henry David Thoreau

I dare but will be, sadly, post-surgically weak for for a while yet.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.
~ Khalil Gibran
 
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
~ Lao Tzu

I have strength to get through this courage too.

It was written I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice.
~ Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness 

Nf2 is NOT my selected nightmare but it's the one I've been given. I'll deal.

There is no thing as a single-issue struggle because we do not live single-issue lives.
~ Audre Lorde

O snail
Climb Mount Fuji
But slowly, slowly!

~ Kobayashi Issa

This recovery is def not moving swiftly and I am feeling mega impatient and frustrated to say the least. Again...OF COURSE!

No person, trying to take responsibility for her or his identity, should have to be so alone. There must be those among whom we can sit down and weep, and still be counted as warriors.
~ Adrienne Rich, Sources 

I am not alone.

Damn it, how will I ever get out of this labyrinth?
~ Simon Bolivar

One step at a time – that’s how.

Only when we face the impossible, and experience the unbearable, do we find out who we truly are.
~ Vironika Tugaleva

Life might prove difficult—was evidently going to; but meanwhile they had each other, and that was everything.
~ Henry James, The Wings of the Dove 
 
I have Ten, Jen, Coco and Oni here at home – thank Bast!

come celebrate
with me that everyday
something has tried to kill me
and has failed.

~ Lucille Clifton

No comments:

Post a Comment