Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

I am the hedgehog – goo goo g'joob

I thought I was doing so much better. Really, I totes am but yesterday, particularly in the evening, I lost it – no energy for even one last round of PT exercises OR even a shower. So, I was asleep by 7:30 pm and out like a hibernating hedgehog for the next ten hours.

I think all the walking, attempts to do normal stuff again and the PT exercising of the previous four – five days have radically drained my limited batteries.

I went on a big grocery shop with Ten one day. We hit Target for lightbulbs and picture frames (to replace the ones that plunged to their death when the EMTs brought me down our thin staircase in a wheelchair) the next. Another day included library wandering and pharmacy visiting. 

Just FYI, I can’t get through Target without purchasing something that, strictly speaking, I, like totally, don’t need. 

What’d I get? This, at left, awesome mini backpack. It’s metallic silver (matches my Chuck Taylors!), it’s slightly less small than my current shoulder bag so I can fit a book in there (not just my wallet, keys and those old lady packs of tissue), it’s a backpack which, balance-wise, is mega WAY better for yours truly AND it was on sale for $14.99. How could I NOT splurge?

This morning I’m taking it mega slow – took a couple Tylenol for a minor mal de tête (only the second time I’ve popped pain meds since coming home from MGH). Later this morning I’ll shower, we’ll go for a walk along the seawall and then down to Trader Joe’s for veggies and treats.

Treats are a necessary part of any/every recovery. Amiright or amiright? You KNOW I am!

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment