Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2020

Seeds

Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
~ Rumi

Warren has ended her campaign and I feel like I’ve entered a state of mourning, of grief. She was the absolute BEST of all the candidates – she is the smartest, most aware and sensible, the best prepared and organized. If she was a Penis American, she would be WAY out in front of the pack.

Why is it that Germany, India, Portugal, Iceland, Norway, the U.K, Ireland and Australia (to name just a few), have and have had female heads of state but the U.S.? Nuh-huh – chicks are too emotional and can’t handle the pressure. Men are the epitome of calm thoughtfulness?

Yeah, sure.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know we were seeds
~ Dinos Christianopoulos

It may not happen in my lifetime but it WILL happen – someone as awesome as Warren WILL head this ship of state…someday. That is, as long as we survive the ratfuckery and Democracy demolition that Tantrum Trump and Moscow Mitch are/have been raining down on us.

Humor keeps us alive. Humor and food. Don't forget food. You can go a week without laughing.

~ Joss Whedon
 
But I’d rather not. I count on the mockery and spot on takes of strips – Mr. Brunelle Explains it All  and political cartoonists – Rob Rogers, Jeff Danziger and Tom Toles (amongst many) to give me perspective and lift me, laughing, back into battle. I may not always agree with their takes but, HEY, wouldn't it be dull, sad and a little psychotic if we agreed with everyone we love/appreciate about everything?

If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.
~ Mahatma Gandhi

TRUTH!


We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.
~ J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

More TRUTH!

If we give in to despair, we lose. Yeah, my warrior didn’t make the cut BUT the battle continues. If we unite we CAN get our country back. If we splinter, as Putin and his Republi/Fascists wish, we lose.

Does anything in nature despair except man? An animal with a foot caught in a trap does not seem to despair. It is too busy trying to survive. It is all closed in, to a kind of still, intense waiting. Is this a key? Keep busy with survival. Imitate the trees. Learn to lose in order to recover, and remember that nothing stays the same for long, not even pain, psychic pain. Sit it out. Let it all pass. Let it go.
~ May Sarton, Journal of a Solitude

It's not always necessary to be strong, but to feel strong.
~ Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild

It sucks mammoth sand worm wang to feel weak, to be wickedly short of hope, to not have some control of your own destiny. With the monster meningioma riding my bean and then, this loooooong-ass recovery period, I’ve become….shall we say…intimate with the gloom of melancholy. Would I survive? Was I approaching death? Will I ever feel good again? What I needed every damn day, was some sign, a bit of evidence that I would survive, that I had enough strength and will to break on through to the healthy side.

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.

~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

2 comments:

  1. As the black sheep in a family of Fox watching Republicans is is nice to read a post like yours and know I am not alone in how I feel about Elizabeth Warren ending her campaign. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOF! My condolences on the lone smart wolf biz – that has to be so very hard.

      Here in Massachusetts we'll still have Warren as our Senator, our champion. HEY! MIT is just up the rode, mebbe they can clone her – the more the better.

      Delete