Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2020

Was This Really Necessary?

I noticed in this morning’s headlines that the bin-brained orange Hell-beast who is, astoundingly, our prez, has announced that the federal guidance on social distancing” will continue through April.

I only mention it, you fat fluorescent, empathy-devoid, narcissistic slug trail, but the vast majority of us are WAY the fuck ahead of you.

The only states that are fully open for biz AND virus spreading are Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North and South Dakota, Arizona, Wyoming, Nebraska and Iowa. Funny, stunning even //snark// –  how these very red states (though Arizona will be blue after this next election) are doing fuck all to protect their citizens from the Trump Plague. It appears their Republi/Fascist governors are actually stupid enough to believe every lie puked out of 45’s ugly gob.

Ya know?

Now, on top of the dozens of people who've died in Trump’s concentration camps (and the thousand+ children torn away from their parents), there are 2,500 Americans dead from COVID 19. What would that number be had The Stupidest Man on the Planet NOT disbanded the National Security Council’s pandemic unit? How many fewer deaths would there be if Disgracful Donnie had read and followed the NSC pandemic playbook? How many fewer Americans would be dead if he hadn’t called this killer virus a hoax cooked up by the Dems?

Also too, I guess this means the Republi/Fascists have sacked all that “pro-life" bullshit, huh? The masks are off.

Ya know where I’d like to be right now, if travel was possible?

I’d be in Berlin having lunchie at Mogg – a beluga lentil sammich on dark rye with a nice Bloody Mary. After that I’d head over to the Bosch Visions Alive exhibit.

OR I’d be in Stromness, a wee town, north of Scotland, on the Orkney Mainland. I’d hit the Scapa Flow Restaurant for their Orkney scallops dish. Afterwards I’d stop in at the Pier Arts Center to take in their current show.

OR I’d be in Amsterdam, wandering along the canals, lunching at Sumo – a sushi joint, followed by drinkies at Melkweg before taking in a bit of Van Gogh.

Possibly I’d be in the middle of nowhere on the Isle of Skye, just watching the sheep wander by.

Or in Vienna for a grand tour of their myriad AWESOME museums.

OR I’d just be across the street sipping my coffee, watching the wee waves roll in whilst NOT fearing  every passerby is a potential COVID 19 carrier.

Shit did NOT need to be like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment