Search This Blog

Friday, June 26, 2020

Home

It’s a damn good thing I love where I live. I can’t imagine how I’d get through this time of isolation otherwise.

According to all the case count maps, Massachusetts is doing well. We peaked in early May – cases and deaths have been steadily decreasing since then. Our phased reopening has been glacial but seems to be working

I’m still only going out for daily walks (just around the neighborhood – no Blue Hills hikes) and once a week trips to the grocery and pharmacy. Despite the fact that masks are required here in the Bay State, I’m NOT comfortable with the idea of recreational shopping, going to the gym (when it reopens next month) or sitting in a restaurant.

BUT I get lonely during the day. I don’t necessarily need convo but I enjoy being around others and, ya know, people watching, sketching. I suppose this might be a twisted kind of introversion, i.e., Being in a group but not seeking or requiring interaction. As Chauncey Gardiner famously said “I like to watch.” The library is still shut ('cept for curbside pickup). When it reopens, I believe I’ll go there for an hour or so each day to read, draw and dodge my feelings of disconnection.

Are you all staying in? How are you getting by? Do you live in a Plague45 hotspot? Do you wear a mask?

No comments:

Post a Comment