Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2020

O Fortuna

Never a dull moment here in Valhalla by the Sea but, as I’m sure you know, we wear it well.

We finally got Oni’s Plague45 test results back and, yes, he’s got it. Not too surprised as he’s def exhibiting symptoms – NOT severe (yet and hopefully he won’t get any worse than he is). No word on Jen’s test yet.

Gotta say, I’m feeling, amidst all this dookiness, rilly pretty fuckin’ favored by Fortuna – Roman goddess of luck –  and shit.


Warum? Ten hadn’t planned on being home from Oregon until late autumn. It’s no more than chance that he came back early AND tested negative for Trump’s Disease. While my ability to get around increases and pain decrease daily, progress can be measured in Angstroms. I need help AND, seeing as Umlaut and Coco haven’t seen fit to grow opposable thumbs YET, someone’s got to slop the herd.

Plus, I feel MUCH safer, given my limited and wildly tippy mobility, with someone else inna house. With Oni (and undoubtedly Jen as well) dancing the COVID tango, without Ten I'd be on me own. If I fell down the steps or had a seizure (as I did post bean surgery) or, ya know, wanted to commit acts of hygiene, I’d be fucked. Sure, if I fell but was still conscious and had my phone on me, I could text 911 for help BUT how would they get in? Yup, they’d have to break down the door. That'd suck.


ALSO, this would scare the cats and I try to avoid that shit. I’m all fucking humane like that, ya know?

In any case, obvs it’s fab-city that Ten is home for a shit-ton of reasons beyond the simple fact that I’m madly in love with that gorgeous, long haired, hippy freak, witch doctor.


Once again, we’re in this mess because a blindingly obtuse, empathy devoid, stupid fucking homunculus brained, pathetic excuse for an adult human, co-worker of J&O’s just HAD to go to a close quarters, rat-licker’s party in the Live Free and Die state of New Hampshire.

I have a def urge to go all Cask of Amontillado  on that worthless, lavvy heided bampot. We could wall him in, phone-less, with the Tangerine Treasonweasel in a sub-basement at MGH. There’ll be a small opening, seven feet up the wall, in which nurses can whisper “Hungry? Too damn bad, you fecal brained toads. Snack on each other, K?” Frankly, they’d croak from listening to each other’s spectacularly simpleminded, narcissistic convo before dinner time. Guaranteed. 

I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction.
~ Clarence Darrow


O Fortuna – Carl Orff

4 comments:

  1. Wishing your friends a speedy recovery. We were panic'ed a few weeks back when our favorite neighbor who makes really cool face masks offered to trade us some for a bottle of gin (our daughter is a distiller, we get paid for bottling in gin or whisky). Turned out she was going camping with her family at the beach, and wanted to share it around. We've been fairly relaxed in our interactions with her because she takes precautions as do we. Got a call two days later from the ICU in Newport saying that she had Covid-19. It turned out that she just had pneumonia (pheeeeeewwww). apparently, if you've had lung cancer, and are down to a single lung, and are fragile, the moist ocean air can be hazardous. But the whole episode was a wake up call. We've always take precautions when in the presence of the general public, but felt comfortable when with friends and acquaintances. That Trump virus is a sneaky little bugger. Stay safe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, WOW, WOW! How's your friend now? That's really scary!

      Jen's results came back negative – YEA – and, so far,Oni's case seems mild (just a lot of fatigue and body aches). We're all, of course in quarantine city now.

      Your daughter's a distiller? TOO awesome!

      Delete
  2. She's doing well, and is now back to working in her garden. Yeah the daughter (Molly) went to Scotland (where else) to learn how to make whisky. She teamed up with an all woman owned and operated distillery (Freeland Spirits in Portland, Oregon), and has gotten rave reviews for her gin and whisky. Me and her mom are really proud of her. https://www.themanual.com/food-and-drink/female-distillers-you-should-know/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your friend's recovered!

    Also, I'm a big fan of single malts and Irish whiskey. I just signed up to be on your daughter's mailing list and, happy bday to me, will order some.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete