Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

If It’s Not One Thing It’s Another

I woke, for the third day in a row, with a bright red left eye. This shit hasn’t happened in a few months or so. I suspect it’s just irritated from all the hospital and recovery hooplahs over this past month.

I’ve put a shit-ton of Eurythmics. OK, it’s actually ophthalmic erythromycin but I can never remember how to spell that. (yes, I had to google it just now) I've also covered it with a big band-aid patch.
Of course I was all panicky and sad BUT I’m beginning to calm the fuck down. How come?
  • I’ve been through this so many times before. It will, in all likelihood, and with enough RX goop, clear up in a few days.
  • If not? I’ll cross that damn bridge when/if I get to it.
I’d go in to Mass Eye and Ear and have my cornea team give me a look-see BUT my back is still too fucked up to withstand the car ride, all the walking and sitting in straight back chairs. Sure we could call an ambulance but I don’t believe my eye is seriously banjaxed enough to warrant that.

So, I’m cranky as all fuck this morning and won’t subject you to further whining and kvetching.

Some good news though – this morning my back’s just a little achy versus being all stabby painful. This is pretty damn awesome!

Pics today are illustrations, more or less, of my mood.

2 comments: