Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Not so Super

I feel a little twinge and ache now and again
I’ve got the Kinks in my head again – Wish I Could Fly Like Superman.

I’m in WAY less pain today. In fact, right this mo, I’m in mere Vermeer range. Not bad, not bad AND I was actually able to do some of my PT exercises yesterday. Not much but some is better than none.

The new antibiotic drops (Doc prescribed without me having to go into the office – YEA!) are already at work healing my wonky left eye.

So then, good news on the health front. YEA!


I’ve already broken my NO doomsurfing pledge to myself though. I read that, totally unsurprisingly, there are now in excess of 250,000 Plague45 cases which were ignited at the Cult45 Stupid-Fucking-Shit Fest in Sturgis, South Dakota. There were nearly HALF A MILLION attendees. How many of those braindead maskless bozos contracted Trump's Plague and took it home to their friends, loved ones (assuming these outhouse douchebuckets have any) and strangers.
The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally represents a situation where many of the ‘worst-case scenarios’ for super-spreading occurred simultaneously,” the researchers wrote, “the event was prolonged, included individuals packed closely together, involved a large out-of-town population, and had low compliance with recommended infection countermeasures such as the use of masks.” (source)
Thank the little baby bast that Sturgis is close to 2,000 miles away from Boston. It’s unlikely that anyone in Valhalla’s immediate neighborhood, attended Disease Bash 2020.

Reading about that was depressing enough without going further down the Republi/Fascist Shit encrusted rabid weasel hole. Whenever I think “Well, these syphilitic maggots can’t go any lower", boyhowdy, they break out the shovels and backhoes.                                                                                                               
I believe that’s it for me for today. If you’re looking for me, I’ll likely be hiding from the world, under my bed. I’m rereading Neal Stephenson’s  Snow Crash and loving it

I’d really like to change the world
And save it from the mess it's in
I'm too weak, I'm so thin
I'd like to fly but I can't even swim
Superman, superman, I want to fly like superman
~ KinksWish I Could Fly Like Superman

1 comment:

  1. Snow Crash! oooh, I need to go back and reread that one. I remember just plunging into it and occasionally coming up for air. Great read (and a great way to escape the news for a while)

    ReplyDelete