Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2021

Yeah, no.

I know the media (of all types) are really missing their click-baity bullshit look-at-me-look-at-me idiot prez. Me? I’m so happy to NOT need to read the news constantly to see what new crap and devastation is raining down on us from the failed gameshow host, tiny brained conman. The GQP is so desperate for scandal that they’ve tried to weaponize Neera Tanden (!!!) AND Dr. Seuss’s (!!!) family’s choices.

As uszh, some folks’ll fall for anything if it's screamed loud enough. Me? I’m not paying attention. Fuck those fucking fascist fucks! (wut? too many fucks? NO, NOT enough!) Also, I’ve got more important shit to contemplate like:

Will it be safe to have my phone and laptop in hospital and rehab? i.e.: will it get ripped off or will I have a lockable drawer or closet?

  • I NEED the cell for easier, less annoying communication with nurses and docs and, once I'm well enough, I’m gonna start blogging. This is in the staff’s best interest. You KNOW how hard it is for me to shut-the-fuck-up.
  • Texting with Ten and Jen. I NEED to. Especially since, because of COVID, I can’t have visitors.
  • How can I Zoom with Coco when I’m in hospital and rehab? Will my hairlessness freak her out?

A distant friend just sent an email (a group email like an Xmas letter)  asking how we’re all doing and happy talking about the coming spring. I’d love to join in the glad tidings of gardening, vaccinations and such but I’d just be a buzzkill. 

Yeah, I’m in a wheelchair when not using my walker. Hopefully the upcoming brain surgery will chill that out. If not, I’ll get irradiated but won’t know anything until five months post-slice-age. NOT exactly what anyone wants to hear PLUS I’m not looking for OR wanting mounds of lugubrious sympathy. Even if I don’t survive this challenge, let’s celebrate the fuck outta all I got to do, see and, yes, hear in my years on this planet.

I mean, fer fuck’s sake, just this morning, Ten and I had a grand debate over which version of The Battle of Evermore is best – Heart’s or the original. I say Heart — Ten says the original. I’m right. Of course I am! OK, this was a mini-debate because Ten, wisely and diplomatically Yes Deared me.

Also, while we’re on it, which is better Eddy Vedder’s Masters of War or the original?  Vedder’s DUH!

OK, another thing about Ten..if I try to get up outta bed, he’s instantly by my side to help. He could be in the basement folding laundry or the kitchen making breakfast. If I move, he’s by my side. *POOF* I don’t stand a chance of falling. Lucky? Me? You bet yur ass, I am!

Which somehow puts the Kinks in my head. Superman The Kinks

No comments:

Post a Comment