Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Time

 
Ya know what I RILLY hate? I’ll tell ya. Not knowing the future..THAT’S what I hate. Fer instance, will I walk again? Sure, the docs, surgeons, PTs and such all say “yes but it’s gonna take a long time.”

What’s this ‘long time’ shit mean though? I'm pretty damn sure there are different meanings for all of us different peoples, eh? To me a ‘long time’ is obvs two weeks. Look, that's fair and cool, right? CLEARLY the docs etc. have a radically different concept of ‘long time.’I believe their concept is more along the lines of a year. I think we can all agree that a year is an outrageously, ridiculously extended period of time.

Mayflies live for 24 hours. Yeah, I'll agree that's on the short side. Ant Queens live up to three THREE years though! Yes, my idea of time is based on how long insects live.

OK...cats too. In the wild, a cat can live as short a time as TWO years. That ain't fair. NOT. AT. ALL. The little sweetie is barely out of kittenhood, fer fuck's sake! Meanwhile, a healthy indoor baby can live 20 fine years. That's more like it. What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, the unfairness of tine and Erin's new cat Astro . What a great name!

No comments:

Post a Comment