Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Both Sides Now

I feel like rat spew today. Warum? Is it due to still more
panda poop recovery problems? Nope. Not entirely anyway. It’s this damn, motherfucking cold. All I really want at this point is to be a a sentient, free floating cloud over the ocean. Honestly, is that really TOO much to ask? No, it is not.

I need to remember that it’s OK to take a break from all my, near rabid, exercising.

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.
~ John Lubbock, The Use Of Life

It’s not summer and I can’t hear the water’s whispers and shouts but that’s OK. I can watch the clouds and wee waves from my porch while wrapped in wool.

Hey you.
Get off of my cloud

Don’t hang around ‘cause two’s a crowd
On my cloud, baby

I was sick and tired, fed up with this
And decided to take a drive downtown
It was so very quiet and peaceful
There was nobody, not a soul around
I laid myself out, I was so tired
And I started to dream

~Rolling Stones

I dreamed that Coco and I were wandering around Chinatown during lunch hour, The streets were packed. I kept losing and finding her over and over again—stressful and exhausting is what this asshole dream was. The only up side? Danish pastries everywhere. Yeah, it was Chinatown but, c’mon, who doesn’t like Danish pastry?

Aren’t the clouds beautiful? They look like big balls of cotton... I could just lie here all day, and watch them drift by... If you use your imagination, you can see lots of things in the cloud formations... What do you think you see, Linus?”

“Well, those clouds up there look like the map of the British Honduras on the Caribbean... That cloud up there looks a little like the profile of Thomas Eakins, the famous painter and sculptor... And that group of clouds over there gives me the impression of the stoning of Stephen... I can see the apostle Paul standing there to one side...”

“Uh huh... That’s very good... What do you see in the clouds, Charlie Brown
?”

Well, I was going to say I saw a ducky and a horsie, but I changed my mind!
~ Charles M. Schulz, The Complete Peanuts, Vol. 5: 1959-1960

I’m with Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment