Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2022

Slow and Steady

This morning's view, captured by Ten

While it’s quite warm out at the mo (near 60ºF!!!), it’s also dark (as I write this), raining and there’s a high wind warning. What’s this mean? No outdoor walkies for yurs truly today. Probably just as well since, yesterday, I managed a 200 foot seawall jaunt with just the walker, NO leg brace. 

Woohoo, do I rock or what?!

It wasn’t as easy as I’d assumed it would be but, hell’s bells, I did it! This was four times the distance I’ve previously, bracelessly walked.

Yes, my bod's bitching at me this morning:

'the fuck you think you were doing yesterday? You KNEW we'd be in pain this morning but you kept going?! Jesus Rehabbing Christ...have a care, woman.

In my defense, sunny, warm days in February are a rarity. No choice—I had to seize the day and shit.

With the, more or less, weekly upticks in my abilities comes the dream that maybe one day, in the not obscenely far off future, I can get around with a cane versus the walker.

After that? UNassisted ambulation!

No comments:

Post a Comment