Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire

Note to self: Do NOT read the news on first waking. Maybe not even on third waking.

If I’m honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all.
~ Audrey Hepburn
 
Okay, if I'm reading the original versions, say... Cinderella, this isn't gonna be any better, more soothing, than the morning's horrors.
 
I've got that David Sipress cartoon in my head this morning. You know, the one with two people walking down the street. One says to the other, my desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.
 
Today, I will ignore the news or, at least, make a valiant attempt to do so. Maybe I'll dig up my collection of Grimm's fairy-tales and escape into a world where evil is punished, trees are magical and pigeons act as defenders of the afflicted and oppressed. Yup, that's the ticket.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never seen Inna Ruda. This cat smooch is wonderful. She has wonderful pieces on Society6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE her Cat with a Pearl Earring :-) https://www.instagram.com/innaruda/?hl=en

      Delete