Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2022

Today

With apologies to Mister Simon:
Hello Monday my old foe
I've come to talk with you again
Because a dream, softly slinking
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my bean
Still remains
Within the pain of waking
I dreamed that my friend Jordan and his family had recently moved to Tuscany. I just happened to find this out when I ran into them while I was strolling the streets of San Gimignano.

Coupla things:

  • I haven’t been to Italy in 10 years or more. Why is it in my head?
  • IF I make it back there, it wouldn’t be to beautiful Toscana, I’d go to Gioia del Colle in the south. Why? It’s where my mother’s family comes from.

My next big travel destinations though, are much more likely to be Berlin (to see my cousin Della) and Iceland (yes…again. I’m really keen on Iceland, thenkyouveddymuch).

I’m a hair over halfway through my protonization. WooHoo! Unlike my last dance with the radiation demons, I’ve experienced zero nausea. Also, so far, my fatigue is more from the radical increase in my daily activities than getting shot with the laser beam.  (why, yes, now that you mention it, I DO have Queen in my head this morning)

Once protoning is over I’m gonna take a break from all this health shit (if my goddamn feeb-ass bod will cut me some fucking slack!). Maybe I’ll even go all wild and crazy and take a mini vaca. A few days in P-town? A weekend in the Vermont woods? An overnight adventure to Northampton? Southern Maine to see cousin Gary?

Lastly, I only mention it but, this is the third morning I've awakened without Coco standing on my chest, urging me to get the fuck up and pat her already. Things to do, places to be, Bitch! Wakey wakey already! Damn, I miss my evil princess.


No comments:

Post a Comment