Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Back to Work

Now that I’m scourge-free, (tested negative yesterday) I’m headed back to outpatient PT. Today’s appointment promises to be disheartening at best given that I’ve not exercised much at all during these past two plague-riddled weeks.

It’s a sure thing that I caught COVID at PT. Why? It’s the only place I’d been, apart from my own house and the seawall (and I’m always masked when on my walks).

Naturally, I’m a little trepidatious about going back in there. Given how intensely contagious the Omicron COVID-19 variant is, I’m planning to wear gloves and an N95 face mask while I work out. Might be overkill but staying alive is kinda my jam. Ya know?

I've been lucky to have not caught the plague before now. I'm thrilled that the vaccine and boosters kept me from being in worse shape. I'm NOT happy that my ongoing (and seemingly endless) recoveries from all the damn surgeries and radiation has been interrupted.

Keeping up the momentum is hard fucking work.

No comments:

Post a Comment