Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Dragons and Dawn

The week’s been full of bad news (insanity, devastating hurricanes, war, war crimes, ‘new’ Republi/Fascist threats). Plus, I still haven't heard back from my neurologist's office about whether my insurance will cover chemo (to arrest the growth of that giant meningioma camping on my frontal lobe) and, if yes, when I can start. 

I'm a wee bit cranky. Also, tense and nervous. I need some goddamn hope and joy.

Strange as it may seem, I still hope for the best, even though the best, like an interesting piece of mail, so rarely arrives, and even when it does it can be lost so easily.
~ Lemony Snicket, The Beatrice Letters

There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in.

~ Leonard Cohen, Selected Poems, 1956-1968

Hope is a waking dream.
~ Aristotle

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
~ G.K. Chesterton

In a time of destruction, create something.
~ Maxine Hong Kingston 

 Having said all that, dawn was gorgeous here in Valhalla this morning. Here...look:

2 comments:

  1. Let the sun shine in.,🎶🎵

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, that sucks. A friend just texted me that the insurance company is the most likely cause for the delay. Great. I just sent a Wut up? email to Plotkin's assistant. I HATE waiting!

    ReplyDelete