Search This Blog

Monday, April 17, 2023

Randomness

Ralph Yarl, a 16 year old Black kid in North Kansas City, Missouri was shot in the head TWICE for the crime of ringing the wrong doorbell. He was picking up his siblings and got the address wrong. Mister Chickenhearted Gun-Humping Rascist-Ass Homeowner went to answer the door with his gun in hand. If he was so damn scared, why did he go to the door at all? Why didn’t he call the cops?
The white man reportedly shot Ralph in the head through the glass door, then when Yarl was already bleeding out on the ground, shot him again. (source)
Just look at the picture of Ralph. Was the gun-crazy chickenshit honestly scared or was he looking to bag himself a trophy. You know, something to brag about down at his local KKK bar.  I'm betting the gun-humping psychopath was jizzing himself over getting to kill a Black person.
~~~
500 miles away, the residents of Louisville, Kentucky racked up their second mass shooting of the week. Two mass killings in one week—looks like Kentucky’s trying to compete with Texas and Florida for most pro-death state EVER.
“This has been an unspeakable week of tragedy for our city,” Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg said during the news conference. “On Monday we lost five of our fellow citizens to a horrific act of workplace gun violence. And now, five days later, we’re at another scene of a reckless act of gun violence.”
     ~~~
“This is not our city. This is not who we are. This is not who we want to be,” the mayor said. (source)
Mr. Mayor, obviously this IS exactly who your city is.
~~~
Why am I, lately, so lethargic, sluglike even? Sure, there are my endless health issues (Nf2 isn’t gonna loosen its hold on me even if I ask pretty please and flash my tits), on top of the astounding myopia and rabid selfishness of humankind and the fact that this season of The Mandalorian  has been far from enthralling (more Grogu plz). Can all this be robbing me of exuberance, the will to go out and rehab my ass off, the ability to crack wise in the most bleak hours?

Yup. I need to shake this shit off.
~~~
Why do companies who make purses and clothing slap their logo and/or a tag line all over it?

I mean, if they want me to be a walking billboard advert for them, they should provide me with the goods FREE and then pay me every time I wear the damn item.

I saw an absolutely perfect small shoulder bag online—great colors, tiny but big enough to carry my eye drops, phone, id and tissues. It would’ve been terrific for daily walks in the warm months when I’m not wearing a  sweater or jacket with pockets. It was SO excellent that I figured on getting one for Jen too. Then I zoomed in close and saw, not just a logo but a salesy tag line too.

Fuck that shit. Though the copy and logo were small they ruined the whole look for me. Now the formerly cute bag just looks cheezy and cheap.

I know—people pay big bucks for polo shirts, sneakers and bags emblazoned with corporate logos. This is just another chunk of evidence that having money does not mean you’ve good taste or intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment